Welcome to Year 5 / 6
Teachers: Mrs Brereton (Mondays and Tuesday mornings) and Mrs Banks (Tuesday afternoons to Fridays)
In Literacy , during the first half term we will be focusing mainly on the classic poem "The Highwayman" by Alfred Noyes. We will base most reading and writing activities around this text.
In Maths, number work and shape, space and measures topics will be ongoing throughout the year.
Our class topic later on this term will be Shakespeare's Stratford. Most of our learning will be based around this topic, including Literacy, History, Geography and Art.
In Science we will be learning about Evolution, Life Cycles and Reproduction.
Our R.E. topics will be Caring for the Earth and Believing and Belonging.
In Music we will be exploring Sound Sources as well as rehearsing and preparing for our end of year show.
The annual year 6 PGL residential trip will be June 9th - 11th.
Each week the children will be expected to:
- Read each night – and note this in their homework diary
- Practise their times table of the week (tested on Tuesdays)
- Complete their mental arithmetic homework (marked on Tuesdays)
- Practise and learn spellings (tested on Wednesdays)
- Complete a class homework task (marked on Thursdays)