Welcome to Year 5 / 6
Teachers: Mrs Brereton (Mondays and Tuesday mornings) and Mrs Banks (Tuesday afternoons to Fridays)
In Literacy we will be focusing mainly on the novel "The London Eye Mystery" by Siobhan Dowd. We will base a lot of our reading, writing and art activities around this text.
In Maths, number work and shape, space and measures topics will be ongoing throughout the year.
Our Geography topic will be North America and in Science we will be learning about Electical circuits and the Earth in Space.
Our R.E. topics will be Keeping the Rules and Beginnings.
In Music we will be exploring Rounds as well as rehearsing and preparing for our Christmas concert.
Each week the children will be expected to:
- Read each night – and note this in their homework diary
- Practise their times table of the week (tested on Tuesdays)
- Complete their mental arithmetic homework (marked on Tuesdays)
- Practise and learn spellings (tested on Wednesdays)
- Complete a class homework task (marked on Thursdays)