Welcome to Year 5 / 6
Teachers: Mrs Brereton (Mondays and Tuesday mornings) and Mrs Banks (Tuesday afternoons to Fridays)
In Literacy this term we will be focusing mainly on "A Novel in words and pictures" (title to be revealed!). We will base most reading and writing activities around this text, and Geography will also be linked to this novel. We will also be studying The Highwayman later in the term.
In Maths, number work and shape, space and measures topics will be ongoing throughout the year.
Our History topic this term will be Anglo-Saxon Britain and we hope to organise a trip later in the term to enhance learning in this topic.
In Science we will be learning about Light and Shadows and Properties of Materials.
Our R.E. topics will be Freedom and Caring for the Earth.
In Music we will be exploring rounds and sound sources.
Each week the children will be expected to:
- Read each night – and note this in their homework diary
- Practise their times table of the week (tested on Tuesdays)
- Complete their mental arithmetic homework (marked on Tuesdays)
- Practise and learn spellings (tested on Wednesdays)
- Complete a class homework task (marked on Thursdays)