Welcome to our Year 1 & 2 Class home page.
You will be able to find information and updates relating to our learning across the academic year.
Meet the staff
Class teacher: Mrs Hancock
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Dunbar
The topics for the academic year 2022/23 are as follows:
Autumn term topic - Sparks Might Fly!
Spring term topic - Journeys
Summer term topic - Nature Detectives
Please see below the overviews for each term; providing more information on curriculum coverage.
- Reading books need to be in school every day please. If you can read daily with your child this will build their confidence and support their progress. Please sign their reading record and add the page number that they have read to so we can continue from that point.
- Reading books will be changed on a Tuesday if your child has increased fluency and a good understanding of what they have read. This can be achieved through regular reading at home and school.
- Homework will be set on a Monday and should be returned on a Friday please. Homework will consist of tasks set to either reinforce learning from the previous week or to meet focused areas of need.
- Spellings will be set on a Monday and checked for accuracy on the following Monday.
- PE lessons are on Tuesdays and Thursdays so children will need to come into school in their kits on those days.
- Please make sure all children bring a named water bottle into school every day.
- All items of children's uniform should be named especially jumpers and cardigans.
- Information of when your child will be visiting Forest School will be provided in advance.
- We open the classroom at 8.40am and children come in to a morning task set to help them settle quickly ready for the days learning.
- As we work together to develop your child’s learning, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns and we can arrange a time to discuss these further.