The topics for the academic year 2022/23 are as follows:
Autumn term topic - Stone Age
Spring term topic - Conflict and Conquer
Summer term topic - Rocks, Relics and Rumbles
Please see below the overview for this term; providing more information on curriculum coverage.
- Reading books need to be in school every day please. We would like you to read daily with your child, which will build their confidence and support their progress.
- Homework will be set on a Monday and should be returned the following Monday please. Homework will consist of a maths task and weekly spellings to learn for a test each Monday. The children will also have a set of KIRFs to practise at home each half term, which will improve their confidence and progress in maths if they are practised regularly.
- PE lessons are on Tuesdays and Fridays, so children will need to come into school in their kits on those days.
- Please make sure all children bring a named water bottle into school every day.
- All items of children's uniform should be named, especially jumpers and cardigans.
- Information of when your child will be visiting Forest School will be provided in advance.
- We open the classroom at 8.40am and children come in to a morning task set to help them settle quickly ready for the day's learning.
- As we work together to develop your child’s learning, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns and we can arrange a time to discuss these further.