The topics for the academic year 2022/23 are as follows:
Autumn term topic - It's all Greek to me!
Spring term topic - Wonder and Mystery
Summer term topic - Dynamic Dynasties
Please see below the overview for this term; providing more information on curriculum coverage.
- Reading books need to be in school every day please. If you can read daily with your child this will build their confidence and support their progress. Please complete and sign their reading diary.
- Homework will be set on a Monday and should be returned the following Monday please. Homework will consist of a maths task, spellings and a varied class homework which will reinforce learning in other subjects such as science or geography.
- PE lessons are on Wednesdays and Fridays so children will need to come into school in their kits on those days.
- Please make sure all children bring a named water bottle into school every day.
- All items of children's uniform should be named especially jumpers and cardigans.
- Information of when your child will be visiting Forest School will be provided in advance.
- We open the classroom at 8.40am and children come in to a morning task set to help them settle quickly ready for the days learning.
- As we work together to develop your child’s learning, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns and we can arrange a time to discuss these further.